Gathering or collecting data may be a cumbersome task when it comes to conduct a field survey. This may also lead to incomplete or invalid or inaccurate data in some circumstances. So, Gosurvey has brought a new feature “Advance Export” where the user can edit the data collected if he/she finds the response inaccurate.
At present GoSurvey allows to export the responses in three formats i.e
- Export to SPSS(.sav)
- Export to Excel
- Export to CSV
One more component is also there to the rundown i.e "Data Edit". This feature can be advantageous to the companies or organizations such as market research or survey companies. At times a user can face the issue of unsuitable data collected by the field survey team, so in order to avoid such things user can edit the data and can upload it back to the account.
To edit the data follow the below steps:
Login to https://admin.gosurvey.in with your username & password which you have set while creating GoSurvey account.
After login, it would show the dashboard.
- Click on “Responses” of the particular survey whose data needs to be edited.
- A screen will show up which will display the responses collected by the surveyor.
- There will be “Export” button on the top right hand side. Click on “Export” button further it will show options in two blocks - Data Export & Data Edit.
- To Edit the response , click on Export under the heading “Data Edit”. The responses will be downloaded in the .xlsx file only.
- Once the file is downloaded, the user can edit the responses .Open the file and edit the response wherever needed.
- After the response is edited or deleted , download the edited file and click on “Import” to upload the edited data.The edited data file should be .xlsx only.
- Important points to kept in mind to upload the edited responses.
- GoSurvey will support only .xlsx file to export or import the data.
- No changes should be made in the questions or headings or first 2 rows i.e ID, Date Collected, User and questions. If by mistake user has done some edition in these columns, GoSurvey will restrict the file upload in the admin.
- User can also delete the responses from the account:
Note: This feature is not included in the package , in order to use this feature please contact our sales team to get it enabled.