Cascading options lets you select questions which are set of hierarchical questions whose options depend on the response to a previous question.
For example, the form first asks the region where a respondent is from, and then in the next question list it asks the towns and villages of that region.
Cascading is used when you need your respondents to select from a very large list, say the university/school they went to, that list can be up to 4000 items long!
With GoSurvey’s cascade options, you can drill down large amount of data fields.
Let’s begin with a step by step guide
1. Use your credentials to login to your GoSurvey account.
When you login the first thing you will see is your account dashboard.
2. Click on “Surveys” option present on the left panel and select the survey from the survey list where you want to add the Cascade option.
If you wish to add it in a new survey begin by clicking on the “Create Survey” option present at the top-right corner.
3. Select Cascade Options question type from Advance section of Questions.
4. Click on the down arrow present next to the cascade option. You will see ‘Upload Cascade Options’, where you need to upload an excel file with '.xlsx' extension (xml spreadsheet).
That spreadsheet could be any data that you want to fetch according to a set of relevant adjacent cells of columns.
Note: maximum no. of columns = 5 and make sure your file be free of any formatting like text formatting, background colour, watermark etc.
5. You can select whether in which Question Type (in app) you wish to place your data, i.e., drop-down or radio.
6. At last, once the file gets uploaded, you can Save and Publish the survey form.
Now while using GoSurvey application in mobile or tablet devices, the ‘Cascade Options’ would look like the one in below screenshots.