Check In / Check Out emails effectively adds more value to your guests, accumulate positive reviews, and improve guest retention. Most guests after returning from their trips can quickly forget their experience with the stay. Capture their thoughts when they’re still fresh and send them pre stay and post stay emails to expand the customer relation.
To configure such type of email, follow the below steps:
Login to https://admin.gosurvey.in with your username & password which you have set while creating GoSurvey account.
After login, it would show the dashboard.
Click on the “Surveys” link at left hand side panel and select the particular survey from the survey list
A Survey screen will show up. After that click on “Advanced Notification” on the top right hand side corner of the screen.
To configure Advance Notification, “Email”, “Date” or “Date & Time” question type should be configured to send the specific notification.
Also to configure this feature , the account holder will have to select the Timezone for the to and fro of the notification process. The notifications will be send according to the timezone selected . The system will automatically set the time depending upon the respondents timezone and will post the email consequently.
“Advance Notification” screen will show up. Click on “Add Notification” to add the notification.
You will arrive on a new screen to configure notifications. There are 2 ways that you can set the notifications.
- Through Email
- Through SMS
- Enter the Name of the notification for your understanding in the “Name” field.
- Select the field on which the notification is to be configured. The drop down list will show the Date or Date & Time questions that are added in the survey form. Select the particular option from the list.
Suppose the user has selected Date & Time question for advance notification, the configuration will be as follows:
- On Selecting Date & Time option from the “Based On” drop down list, it will ask for the specific hours on which the message needs to be notified to the respondent. This type of question is generally configured for the check in and check out notifications.
- Send: Select the specific hours after which the notification needs to be send to the respondent. It works in 24 hrs span of time.
Until: It asks for the time until the next check out date and time. If nothing is selected the notification will be send once in specific/selected hours.
The date & times question is configured as Check In & Check Out. The process will be as follows:
Check In Date - 1/4/2017 10:00 A.M
Check Out Date - 3/4/2017 11:00 A.M
Here the respondent will receive a notification on 2/4/2017 10:00 hrs., if the time selected is 24 hrs. The email will be send consecutively until the check out date if “Check Out” option is selected in the “Until” field. If nothing is selected the respondent will only be notified once as per the hours selected.
Below there will be another block of fields asking for the message to be conveyed to the respondent. The fields are as follows :
- Sender Email: In Sender Email field enter the email id from which the emails will be sent.
- Sender Name: The Sender Name will be the name that will be the name of business/user/company which can be easily recognised by the respondent to whom the email is to send.
- Subject: Subject field describes the Subject line of the email/content.
- Message Body: Type the email content according to the necessity.
- Priority: The Priority field decides on what preference the user wants to send the auto email, if there are more than 1 notification configured.
- Attachment: GoSurvey also has the facility to send any attachment with the email.
- Below there will be another block of fields asking for the message to be conveyed to the respondent. The fields are as follows :
- Priority: The Priority field decides on what preference the user wants to send the auto SMS, if there are more than 1 notification configured.
- Message Body: This field will contain the message you want to send out. We recommend you to keep the message limit to 120 characters.