Conditional Display also known as “question flow logic”, is a feature that simplifies the task by giving condition based on the answer given to some particular questions. The feature will only display the questions depending upon the applied condition.
Below are the steps you need to follow doing the configuration :
- To use this feature Login to your admin portal i.e.http://admin.gosurvey.in with the same credentials you used while account creation.
- Click on the survey where you need to configure the conditional display feature. After selecting the survey, go on to the Questions screen as shown below.
- Select “conditional display” button located at the top right corner to start the configuration. Conditional display can be applied only on question types such as - Single Option, Multiple Options, Text Single Line, Text Number & Date questions.
Choose the question on which you want to apply conditional display feature. There are different operators for every question type where the conditional display logic will be applied accordingly.
There are 4 fields that needs to be selected, they are as follows:
- And block : And block condition is generally used when the particular question is dependent on combined truthness of multiple conditions based on previous questions.
- Question : Select the question from the dropdown list on which the current question is dependent upon. If a question is dependent on the truthness of more than one question then just click on “Add button” to add another question and make a block of that question set.
- Operator : For “Free Text” question type the operators are “=”, “!=” and “contains”, whereas operators of question types such as “Date” and “5 star rating” are “=”, “!=”, “<”, “>”. Radio Button options have only two operators “=” and “!=”,similarly Check Box also have two operators “Contain”and “Not contain”.
- Value : Once you are done with selecting the operator, the next thing you need to select is “value”. You can select the value from the dropdown that includes options related to the question.
- Multiple condition to one question : You can configure multiple conditions to a particular question, depending upon your requirement.
Practical example is explained below:
For example: The customers who have shopped for more than Rs 5000/- or have purchased 2 products of “Levis” brand, will receive a Gift Voucher. So here, there are 2 different conditions. First, on purchase of more than Rs 5000/- customers will receive gift voucher and, Second, if they purchase more than 2 products from a levis store. So here in the second scenario, “And Block” condition will be used, as the question Gift Voucher is dependent upon the truthness of two question. First, Brand should be Levis and second, number of product purchased must be more than 2.
As you can see in the image below, “And Block” is defined on two questions “favorite Clothing Brand” and “No. of Item Purchased.”
Once both the answer will match with the condition, the user will get the gift voucher otherwise, they will not be eligible for the voucher.
Save the changes and publish the survey!